[at-l] Storage of Potable Aqua Tablets

--- "Kiefer, David" <dkiefer@JJG.com> wrote:

> My question is this, I wanted to ditch the glass vial for something a
> little lighter, such as a very small zip-lock bag.
>
> Now I am having second thoughts, as I suspect the active ingredient in
> the tables are an oxidant, and thereby may not suitable for storage in a
> plastic bag.

### Good instincts. ALL of the chemicals to insure potable water are
extremely reactive, and are encouraged by water vapor (and some by
sunlight). This is the reason for the glass (and sometimes brown glass)
bottles. Further, exposure may weaken the potency without visibly
affecting the tablet... so.......