[at-l] Medicine bottles for carrying stuff

New to the list,  and I have been backpacking for the past year and a half.  My dream is to hike the AT so I will be following FUR quite closely.    I have section hiked the AT in Virginia and talked with many hikers on the trail and love the friendship and the closeness that the trail brings.  I don't have a trail name yet, but working on getting one bestowed upon me...

As far as medicine bottles, I have used them but they are not totally spill proof and are not water tight.  I use empty film canisters only for things that are not to be eaten since I read that the film canisters are not "food grade" plastic and absorb some of the films chemicals.  But I do use the camping salt and pepper shakers for my spices and other dry goods and never had a problem yet.

I love this forum and look forward to sharing with you all.....

Russ

multipart/mixed
  multipart/alternative
    text/html