[at-l] Road in Smokies---

I heard of this over Christmas, from a local.  When the park was built
they promised to replace the section of hwy that was flooded by fontana
lake.  well, they never did.  they got as far as the road to nowhere
tunnel.  What I heard was they were talking about extending that  road
to cross over the dam; along side the north shore.  I also heard the the
NPS is fighting this.  They don't want it.  but, what do you do?  You
can't give your tax money back.  WHy can't they just use the money to
improve the wilderness!!!

  I also heard TN is trying VERY hard to 5 lane the road from gatlinburg
to cosby. this is a definite possibility.   If we are all not careful,
the Gov't is going ruin the Smokies for the sake of tourism!!!!

t.