[at-l] Campmor Parka?

At 11:22 AM 3/2/01 -0700, Earl Needham wrote:
...clip...
>>Today's Campmor catalog has what I think is the parka on sale for
>>$99.  Any opinions or experience?
>>http://www.campmor.com/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?prmenbr=226&p
>>rrfnbr=76379
>
>      Not on the parka, but I have a HECK of an opinion on Consumer
> Reports -- they're worse than useless.

Consumer Reports rates products from the point of view of the average
consumer. Their idea of the 'best' camera, for example is one that is
totally automatic and idiot proof. The best camera for a serious
photographer is one that does what they want it to not just what the
computer chip tells it to do. Long distance hikers are not 'average
consumers' of outdoor clothing and equipment. They have more demanding and
highly individual expectations of their gear than the average (and casual)
weekend hiker. I never read CU. I make up my own mind what's the best gear
for me, both cameras and hiking gear.

Saunterer