[at-l] Campmor Parka?

At 02:30 PM 3/2/01 +0000, Chuck Kichline blasted the following out into the
ether:
>When I was at the dentist last week I was reading Consumer Reports
>and was real surprised that they rated the Campmor "breathable"
>parka second overall, and a "Best Buy" at $150.
>Today's Campmor catalog has what I think is the parka on sale for
>$99.  Any opinions or experience?
>http://www.campmor.com/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?prmenbr=226&p
>rrfnbr=76379

      Not on the parka, but I have a HECK of an opinion on Consumer Reports
-- they're worse than useless.

      A few years ago, they rated a bicycle as "not recommended" because
you could lock up the front wheel with the front brake, causing the bike to
flip.  Sounds pretty dumb to me.

      Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB    mailto:KD5XB@AMSAT.ORG
Clovis, New Mexico         DM84jk N34d 25.446m W103d 12.700m (or so)

Pet peeve: breath is a noun,  breathe is a verb (When you take a breath,
you breathe...)