[at-l] Three years ago tommorow....

On February 28th, 1998,  it  was a sunny day in northern Georgia.  Looked
out from the summit of Springer, and saw the rolling mountains and lush
green of the Appalachians.  From the summit of Springer, also  saw the
first  white blaze and gazed north towards distant Katahdin. Took a step
forward -  five months and five million steps later, was at the final
white blaze.  In between the first and last blaze was some incredible
times, some hard times, times of bitter cold and rain, times that will
not be forgotten.

Still can't believe the little walk I took was three years ago.  Many
things have changed since then; now live two-thousand miles from where I
grew up, my two closest friends are now married,  parents are divorced,
had a relationship with a woman I cared deeply about being and end,
discovering the Rockies and appreciating a whole different set of
mountains. But, through it all, one thing has stayed the same: eagerly
await  the time when I can again put on a pack, take a step forward, and
again go on a journey for many months.  Hopefully next year.

(darn..these anniversary dates make me sentinmental. :D )

The true harvest of my life is intangible... a little star-dust caught, a
segment of the rainbow which I have clutched.
-- -Thoreau
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.