From: "kahley7" <kahley7@ptd.net>
To: "Tin Can Stove Man" <tincanstoveman@hotmail.com>; <spur@mac.com>;
<at-l@backcountry.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 7:10 AM
Subject: Re: [at-l] tin can stove at AT trailhead

> >>And everyone asleep
> >>in the shelter would appreciate your burning alcohol or Esbit
> >>rather than firing up your Dragonfly, believe me.
> >Finally,  I fully agree about the Dragonfly.  Back befor I saw the light,
I used a dragonfly with the idea of taking it on a PCT thru-hike.  It
sounded like a jet taking off!!!! The thought of sitting in front of one of
those every night for 5-6 months while trying to have a "wilderness
experience" was pretty discouraging.  And that was for the PCT, where you
are not typically camping around 10-20 other people also intent on having a
"wilderness experience."  Woo-ooo-ooo those babies are loud!!!