[at-l] only semi-trail related

--- Kajsa van Overbeek <k.vanoverbeek@lr.tudelft.nl> wrote:
> Okay, you guys, I'm in a foul mood. This morning I had to take my
> motorcycle driving exam.

> I was sooooo nervous that I didn't pass. The
> reason was, the way I took the curves, I had to take them faster and
> more fluently, bwuhhhhhhhh.
>
> You will understand that I have to succeed at my thru-hike now, because
> I don't think I'll be able to handle things otherwise :-)
### Kajsa, I'm a former Motorcycle Safety Foundation Instructor, as well
as a sometime throughhiker-type. Flunking your MC test is nothing compared
to the pain and anguish you're about to voluntarily undertake. Write to me
if, three weeks onto the AT, you don't look back at your MC test and laugh
loud and long that you were bothered at all about it. You're going to be
freezing cold and hungry and your bones are going to ache. And then the
hail will come.

Cheer up, my friend!
Look! Lean! Roll!
Sloetoe
MSF #85465

> As far as my new boots are concerned, you're absolutely right about the
> blister-thing. It sucks having to buy new boots right before starting a
> hike and I don't plan on them leaving my feet from now until Katahdin,
> but the Compeed will be in by backpack. I have to say though, that I
> have never had blisters in any shoes, even though buying shoes takes me
> ages.
>
> Allright, back to work,
> Kajsa

> multipart/alternative
>   text/html
> ---

=====
There is little use for the being whose tepid soul knows nothing of the great and generous emotions of the high pride, the stern belief, the lofty enthusiasm, of the men who quell the storm and ride the thunder.

T.Roosevelt 4/23/10