[at-l] Smokies: How Much Snow : Condition of A.T.

--- runhorton@juno.com wrote:
> Starting late Friday afternoon, March 2, a few of my running friends and
> I are going to run/hike the A.T. in the Smokies in one shot.
### Whaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
### Mommmmmmm!!! Can I go?
### Pleaseeeeee??????
### Awwwwww!!!!!!

> Does anybody know of the condition of the trail, with respect to snow
> levels, at the present time????
### Mt. Mitchell was a sheet of ice under cover of trees, and largely
melted where sun could hit, from 5500' on up. Isn't Newfound @ 5400?
Ewwwwww.

> If we see you out there say hi to us????
### If I 'ad my druthers, Sir Dave, you know what *I'd* be doing....

### WISH I could join you, but ...
Run well!!!
Sloetoe

(And yes, I'm trying to write a Mt. Mitchell report. Short story is
07:36:52, 36/84, a GREAT kick, and SORE quads. A good result for a great
effort in a great race.)