[at-l] Springer Mountain

For all you soon to start 2001 Through hikers,  I was on the summit of
Springer yesterday.  Everyting looks good, the day was overcast, windy and
cool.  It was a good hiking day.  I met Gidget, from W V, who drew her first
SS check this week.  Her pack weight, including food and water was 24#.  Good
luck!  I met Misdirected from La.  She was charming and needed company.  I
hiked from Springer to Hightower Gap.  I ate lunch at Stover Creek Shelter.
I planned to hike today from Hightower to Gooch Gap but it RAINED all night
and everything was wet and soggy.
I came home.  The trail was in good shape, the shelters were clean, and I
heard one firefight from the Army Rangers in the far distance.

Good luck and enjoy!

First Pilgrim
Foster Parsons

multipart/alternative