[at-l] Furs Drop schedule (so far)

At 11:37 PM 2/24/01 -0500, FLATers@webtv.net wrote:

>Franklin NC ........(anyone know of an alternative on this one?)
>General Delivery
>Franklin, NC 28734

If your concerns are the ride into Franklin, don't be. I've sat many a time
at this trail head parking area waiting for my own ride after a section
that is one of my favorites. The parking area also serves as a brake check
lane for the big trucks to check-em before heading down. During the
thru-season I have seen so many of the locals slow down and some even roll
through the brake check lane to see if any hikers are waiting for a ride
into town. Never saw a hiker sitting there, well except me, for more than
10 to 20 minutes tops. Can't say how it is coming out of town, but probably
is the same as getting in. Anyway, if you are still stuck on this one
e-mail off list and I'll see if I can't help you out.

Doug

---