[at-l] mixed bag

Hiking poles - carried Treks on my last LT thru. Stopped on the bridge over
the Winisooki (sp?) River to take some pictures, and inadvertantly set one
down directly over a drainage hole at the edge of the bridge. 40 feet or so
down to the river, do you know hiking poles float??? The current was going
downstream, the breeze was applying equal force in the upstream direction,
and the pole gradually floated towards shore.

Hey Red... I carried the Jansport D5 on my thru... and was it ever
comfortable. As for Jansport, I stess cracked the frame right above those
hip "outriggers". Lashed the pack back together. I got a phone call into
Jansport from Carlisle Pa, and 23 hours later a frame was delivered to the
Doyle Hotel, airshipped via UPS from Seattle, no charge... <VBG>

skeeter