[at-l] Packs, What we Like

In a message dated Fri, 23 Feb 2001  8:44:01 AM Eastern Standard Time, Dan Myers <dmyers@zcs.k12.in.us> writes:

<< My first pack was a no-name brand pack from 1988.  It was an external I carried through my Philmont trip.  (I'm curious to know else here has done Philmont>>

I haven't ;-) but my ex, Toney, has.  And he got his first pack, a JanSport D3, right before he left. So I guess his pack is - 15 or 16 yrs old now.  The frame busted a few years ago, but of course JanSport replaced it free of charge.  He's still carrying it.  He also has other packs now, more suitable for expeditions and climbing and caving, etc - but he still carries his D3 on long distance hiking trips.  That's why I bought a D5 so many years ago - and have never regretted it.

The Redhead