[at-l] Packlist for my March Forth walk (11 days)

Well, Mrs Bug found that I've bought another pack (even if the Kelty Flight
was only $100), and has let me know that getting a point & shoot ain't in
my budget, even though we all agree that disposable cameras really bite.
Probably, there will be disposable pictures from a disposable camera or
two. At least these are free from the drug reps.

And another thing from my list. You might recall that the Snowpeak Titanium
pot and lid together weigh 11.7 ounces. My huge 2+ liter Ti pot weighs 9.5
ounces (split the 2 Ti pot set with another buyer at an REI sale last year
~$30). My ~ 1.5 L round aluminum pot from REI is 7.4 ounces - and much
cheaper (I think ~$8 - but a Wally World grease pot would have been the
same and cheaper yet). I had "loaned" the cheapy to my daughter, who left
it along with most of life's possessions in my garage "for just a little
while" as she gets work and life started on the left coast. I have claimed
the aluminum pot back! I am about to rant on the Ti deception, as I am
thoroughly put off by the weight and cost of this equipment. The Snowpeak
pot is so damn thick, it probably has more titanium than a U-2. I am really
kicking myself for purchasing anything from Snowpeak other than the stove
itself. I am about ready for a killer garage sale.

And further gear comparisons. The Kelty Flight weighs similarly to the
Bombpack. However, the Flight's suspension is much more adjustable and hugs
my hips better. The is less slop and side to side movement, and much more
securely tightened buckles. The Bombpack uses a flexible plastic board
covered by a foam pad for stays. The Flight uses two metal stays that have
a smaller foam pad (theoretically could be replaced with a 3/4 length
closed cell pad) and much more adjustable range in the buckles. Head room
is easier to manage with the Flight, as the load lifters on the Bombpack
shoves the lid against your head in the absence of stays. But the usable
weight is essentially equal for either pack. Both packs are essentially 1/2
of my TNF Beheamoth pack I used last year.

OrangeBug