[at-l] Hiking poles

At 05:53 PM 2/22/01 -0500, Millers wrote:
>i love my leki and they repaired them with out question for my 700 mile
>stint they were
>repaired 3 times... i had them get repaired from minor dents and warping
>so they would not
>fail completely.... i have heard NOT to get msr or komptrail  though i
>have no experieence with them.
>...clip...
>so in short
>LEKI GOOD!
>MSR AND KOMPTRAIL BAD!(throuhg second hand storyies no personal experience
>with these companies)

Komptrail? Are you referring to Komperdel (made in Austria)? I have an EMS
staff made by Komperdel and have no complaints what-so-ever. It has a foam
grip (on the upper shaft, straight, not angled) and a cork knob that screws
off to reveal a camera mount. The tip is carbide. There's a "rubber" cap to
put over the tip and it has a removable snow/mud basket. It has a "shock
absorber" that can be turned (literally) off. I love it. It's been on
several trips with me. It's well made and does what I want. It's never
needed repair. They're sold singly. I'm thinking of buying a second one.

Saunterer