[at-l] Hiking poles

i love my leki and they repaired them with out question for my 700 mile stint they were
repaired 3 times... i had them get repaired from minor dents and warping so they would not
fail completely.... i have heard NOT to get msr or komptrail  though i have no experieence with them.
a place in vermont gave me the wrong piece once and i still have it. FYI there is a right and left hand top
and if you use the left hand top on your right hand you get blisters then calusus and it does not matter.
or i did at least i was rough rough rough on mine and they worked great!.

leki titanium looks light and strong and all that jazz you speak of!  get coretec grips
i did not and i am thinkign about swaping them out for coretec  ones.. the rubber begin to SMELL BAD!
the spring thing inside.. i coudl do with out personally. and all that adjustable one seems kinda foo foo to me.
but i am only 23 and my elbows are still under warently so YMMV i want it to STICK IN PLACE!!!! i alwasy
felt liek i was gettign more power outof the ones with out the antishock.

so in short
LEKI GOOD!
MSR AND KOMPTRAIL BAD!(throuhg second hand storyies no personal experience with these companies)

hope that helps
wisperlight

MSR STORY!

i was spendign the night at chairback shetler (or the shelter jsut after that chairback cliff thingy i had to climb up going SB) and
and WOSH! some msr hikign pole lands in front of the shelter from the woods... and this pissed off guy shows up a few seconds later
and asks.. "do you knwo what that is?" as he points at the pole
"i think it is a hiking pole" i say not understadngin the question.
"no it is a piece of shit" he grumbled as he picked it up and bend it on a rock a bit until it "worked" again.
(actually i remember the cuz words were much more numerous but laungage gets moer colourful the longer you are hiking for lots of
people but i toned it down for the list)