[at-l] Neat book...

At 06:07 PM 2/20/01 -0700, Paul A Magnanti wrote:

>Just read another interesting AT book: the National Geographic's book on
>the Appalachian Trail. What made this book such an interesting read was
>that it was published in 1972. ...clip...

Doublely interesting because the National Geographic did two of them. The
same author, Ron Fisher, did another that was published in 1988 entitled
"Mountain Adventure, Exploring the Appalachian Trail". The photographer for
the second was Sam Abell, the guy who took the photos in the Feb. 1987
magazine article on the AT. I've read both and liked both but when it comes
to the AT, what's not to like?.

Saunterer