[at-l] Neat book...

Just read another interesting AT book: the National Geographic's book on
the Appalachian Trail. What made this book such an interesting read was
that it was published in 1972.  Interesting to see the pictures of what I
know, and compare them to almost thirty years ago.  Some things have not
changed, though.  The group of tired looking, but happy Boy Scouts.  The
picture of a hiker enjoying a campsite overlooking a valley at sunset,
and Katahdin surrounded by the mists when viewed from the Rainbow ledges,
looking imposing and welcoming at the same time.   I can't be on a long
trail this year, but the books ease the longing, at least a little bit.
:)  If you get the chance to read the book, check it out. Your local
library may have it.

The true harvest of my life is intangible... a little star-dust caught, a
 segment of the rainbow which I have clutched.
-- -Thoreau
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.