[at-l] The AT, Dale Earnhardt, and life's lessons

--- Lynn Setzer <hikester@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Going around the curve, at the wall, at close to167 mph was one of the
> most exhilirating/terrifying experiences of my life.  Right then I
morphed into a NASCAR fan.

> Today I've had crazy thoughts in the wake of the man's death, among them
> wondering what kind of hiker Earnhardt would have been if he had ever
> chosen to hike.  I imagine he'd be the  kind of companion who wouldn't
let you quit, no matter how much you wanted to.

> Thank goodness for people like that, wherever they may be found.

### You know, I'm *so* behind on my email, but as I was leaving work
tonight, I saw your name (and that no one had [curiously] responded to the
list) and thought I'd give a peek.

I'm so glad I did.
Sloetoe

=====
There is little use for the being whose tepid soul knows nothing of the great and generous emotions of the high pride, the stern belief, the lofty enthusiasm, of the men who quell the storm and ride the thunder.

T.Roosevelt 4/23/10