[at-l] the lost hat

I FOUND MY HAT in the mud,
it was a free hat some one had forgotten,
and cleaned it up,
it is a good hat i think.

My hat was with me on K,
it protected my ears from blasting winds,
a green cotton hat it is,
i found the hat.

I sent the hat away,
it was a cotton hat,
and begain to smell ,
in the wet and sweat.

I found my hat in a box,
clean and washed far from the mud,
floppy bill all around,
i had found my free hat A-GAIN!.

a green cotton hat,
with a cord to hold it close in blowing winds,
a free hat and a good hat with a full brim,
i am happy like a school kid,
out     for      summer.

Wisperlight - who oddly enough found that hat for a seond time after seeing a picture of me wearing it and thought my poor hat where
is it.   who shall prolly wear the dorky thing to an interview tommrow. who thinks the hat that smells like trail.   who will sleep
with it over my face tonight.  who thinks that smell of trail dust is intoxicatingly good.

www.wam.umd.edu/~jeanpaul/hat.jpg   the picture was aged by a friend an artist friend.