[at-l] Re: Re I need a cold weather stove

No. I've used the Trangia sitting on top of a metal plate in the winter. I'm not sure how much
performance boost you get from the winter kit. My impression is it's main benefit is that it helps
warm the alcohol. I am not quite sure how it does this. You could put just a tiny ring of alcohol
around the Trangia burner and light that (after the Trangia is lit) to help warm it up.

  ** Ken **

**       krk@speakeasy.org        http://www.speakeasy.org/~krk     **