[at-l] Light

By far the best light is sunlight.  The second best is the Under Water
Kinetics 2 AAA Mini Pocket Light in black, yellow or forest green with Xenon
lamp.  They were on sale as endcap items at Wal-Mart a few years ago, but
you'll never find them there now.  I just saw them at a booth at the
Pennsylvania Outdoor Show in Harrisburg.  Check out www.bowsite.com/nxt or
call 1-877-698-7468 (toll free).  We each carried one the whole trail.  I
wouldn't allow Sweet Pea to use hers so the batteries lasted several months.
It would have done better, but she cheated and actually used it a few times.
We wore them attached to our shoulder straps so they saw rain most every
day.  They are made for underwater and proved it.

We hiked the entire Appalachian Trail in 2000 as Bear Bag and Sweet Pea
See our journal at: http://www.1800WeSweat.com
Gary and Millie Buffington