[at-l] Water filter/purifier/chems/whatever

To set up my system, I have a platy bag and platy hose, a SWA inline
filter, and a Camelbac Big Gulp bite valve.  Some folks get fussy about
where to cut the hose for the inline filter, setting up experiments for the
maximum gravity flow rate between the unfiltered water, the inline filter and
the output hose. Not me.  I cut the drink hose at a
point where when I inserted the filter into the line, the filter wouldn't
flop around with too much excess hose when stuffed into the upper or side pocket
of whatever pack I'm using.  I cut the hose about 6-8 inches from the
connection to the platy bag.

With a nalgene bottle you'd need a hose adapter for the wide mouth
bottle, like the ones sold at www.beartrek.com .  It would work upright
or on it's side,  but without modification it would not work as a
gravity filter.

With the SWA inline filter I drink on the go.  The platy bag is
always unfiltered water.  When I want an Emergen-C drink or the like,
just squeeze the bite valve and use filtered water in a cup.

Cin