[at-l] Gear List for 2001 Thru

"Bob Wardecker" <bakpakr@planetcable.net> wrote:

>OK here we go again. Here is what I will be taking on my thru in a few
>weeks. Tucker it if you will.

Bob -
I don't think so - that's your job now.

A short story - when I started the AT, we pulled into in Dahlonega late at
night and stayed at a motel.  When I got up the next morning, the first
thing I did was to empty the pack and re-Tuckerize it.  I dumped almost 7
pounds of stuff that I never missed after that. And I'd spent over a year
planning what I was gonna carry out of Springer.  The last minute
self-Tuckerization was prompted by fear - the fear that if I carried all
that crap, it would be the straw that broke my thruhike.  Sometimes, when
the rubber meets the road we get smart enough to do what we know is right
for us - which is NOT usually the same as what's right for anyone else.

Walk softly,
Jim