[at-l] First Aid Kits

The first aid kit I am going to carry on my Thru is an EMS SOLO kit. Very
small and light weight. About 2 oz or so +- 1 oz
the contents of which are;

Band-Aids, 3
Antiseptic Towelettes, 5
Fingertip Band-Aids, 2
Butterflies, 2
Triple Antibiotic Ointment Packets, 2
Rubber Gloves in Plastic Bag, 1 (can you say blood borne pathogens)
Moleskin, Small Sheet
Small First aid manual for reference only (if you need to read it as you
treat an injury then the injury is probably hike ending) IMHO

To carry any more than what I have is overkill. If the injury requires more
than what is in my kit then IMHO the trip is over. Plus you can start
scrapping items of your gear to use to treat an injury. Which again ends the
trip or at the least postpones it. Also if the injured individual is not you
then MAKE SURE you use that persons gear not your own. Don't laugh I have
seen it happen.
This is just a small amount I have learned over the years. If you don't know
how to use what is on your person and in your firstaid kit then PLEASE take
a course. Even if it is the Red Cross course. It will teach you rudimentary
first aid skills, Artificial respiration, bleeding control, treatment for
shock, CPR. Which is all most people are capable of unless you have the
proper training.
Bob
A.K.A. Shakeyleggs GA>ME 2001
A Bad Day On The Trail Is Still