[at-l] Hike Prep

> >OK, I just had one of those embarrasing moments in the grocery
> store
> >tonite...  i'm trolling around with my cart and at the end of the
> aisle,
> >what to my wondering eyes do I see but a HUGE bin full of cheap on
> sale
> >Liptons noodles & rice and Mac & Cheese.

Does anybody still have the list of reasons to belong to Hikers
Anonymous? I think this should be added. The nearer spring gets the worse
I'm feeling. The other day I had to drop by Amicolola Falls to see if any
NOBO were at the shelter behind the ranger station. I met two, we had a
nice chat. They were full of all the mixed emotions that go with the
start of a thru hike. I answered all the questions I could and assured
them they were going to be fine and have the adventure of their lives. As
I said good bye I shook hand with them. Then, being the sentimental sort,
I got a wonderful treat. Butterfly, the wife in the pair, gave me a big
hug. That made me feel so good. After 4 days of rain down on our end of
the AT, I hope they are still encouraged.  Hopeful
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.