[at-l] Public Land Policy..political

----- Original Message -----
From: James N. Walters <jwalters@mail.cannet.com>
To: <at-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2001 2:26 PM
Subject: Re: [at-l] The Decision (Thank you!)

> No, it wasn't meant as a joke..the GOP is the true party of conservation.

ROTFLMAO.......is that before or after they start drilling in ANWR? The last
report I read said that 10% of the national energy reserves are on public
land. Of that, 40% was locked out of drilling or mining by law or policy. If
my math is correct, they want to drill and mine on public land over 4% of
the national energy reserves. Wonderful plan for conservation. Couple that
with more logging at rates less than it costs the tax payers and you have
the conservation plan of George II, Big Oil and Big Money. Do you think that
having his family and all his friends in the Oil Bidness has anything to do
with his public lands policy? Nah.....he's a man of integrity....lol. I have
to say that when it comes to organized theft of public money the poor old
Democrats can't hold a candle to the MBAs in George II's Committee to Run
the Country.  I've had to go change my voter registration over that. I've
been a registered Republican for 30 years. Not anymore. If George II is the
best we can do I'll go Independent. God, I needed a good laugh.....George II
and that statement is good for both.
Jerry