[at-l] The Decision (Thank you!)

Dear sweet members of THE list.

What wonderful, wonderful people you all are!  I cannot express how anxious I
was to read my mail this morning, fearing the worst and damnations.  What was
I thinking?!?!  On other lists, I would have been ousted as a nonbeliever in
the importance of the AT, my desire to hike the At questioned, my belief in
God, Al Gore and the AT would be subjected to ridicule... BUT NOT HERE.

Merlin says everyone needs the AT, and I do, and he promises (and makes
promises for others) to take care of it while I'm gone.  I'm gonna hold
Merlin to that.

TJ says GO! It's an opportunity, just as the AT will be.  The door to the AT
is swinging a lot more slowly than the door to China.  Thank you Merlin, your
email gave me chills, and I simply CANNOT WAIT until next year, at a shelter
in Virginia when I'll say "this time last year, I was in China..."  <g>.

Bill congratulated me on finding another Katahdin to climb this year... I
agree with you Bill, and I'll always think of life's obstacles as Katahdin's,
nice perspective, don't you think?

And Sly, the coolest of the cool, says my decision is "right on".  Can't
argue with Sly....

And Doug says the At will be there for me in 2002.  It's nice to know there's
something else waiting in the wings. And Doug?  You ain't getting off that
easy, I'm still going to hold you to that ride offer in 2002!

Alejandro asked me if Kenny had a sister who needed a traveling companion...
He does, but pooh! They're all married.  But, the cost of our trip is only
$2,200.00 per person, including airfare, lodging and food... If you want to
come along, email me, the more the merrier!

And Hopeful wants journals and pics of the trip.  That's something you won't
see on other lists!!!

Sandy and Leapfrog made similar decisions,  which certainly puts my mind at
ease.  This decision was NOT arrived at lightly. By the way, Sandy and
Leapfrog, Nepal is on my "to do" list, I'd love to hear more..

And Mara!!!! I must talk to you more about YOUR trip to China!!!  I'm getting
more excited the more I learn.  Do you mind if I email you and ask you
questions?

Bob wants to read the journal of my trip to China.  This is great!  But, I
want to read his as well so I can see what I missed out on this year.

Waterfall, are you hiking in 2002?  If you are, then that's AWESOME!  One of
the things I'm going to miss most about not hiking this year is the people
I've "met" through the list that are hiking this year. That's a MAJOR
disappointment.

Baltimore Jack:  What do you say to this guy?  He says he'll see me on the
trail in 2002, if he ain't dead.  #$^&*%...... Pa Leeeeze!  He'll be hiking
the AT with my grandchildren, tellin' them all to move along quickly,
autumn's a'cummin!

And finally:  To Jazz (he's a member of the list, but just lurks)  you know I
love you, and I told you first.

Anyway, enough with the sentimental horse poopie.... I'M GOING TO CHINA, BABY!

Thanks again, ya'll are a nice bunch of folks.

Kelly Sue Goins