[at-l] Trail Camera?

At 04:56 PM 2/13/01 -0500, FurTrappers@webtv.net wrote:
>Need some help buying a camera for my upcoming thru-hike. Needs to be
>light weight(see kahley, i'm learning :^)), easy to use(dumb proof!),
>and indestructible. Oh yeah, and of course, cheap! Remember, Landslides
>won't let me spend alot!! Sooo, something that uses 35mm film and takes
>decent photos. Any ideas??
>
>Thanks as always,
>Fur....... counting down the days, only 17 to go!!!!!

Olympus makes several models in the "Stylus" series which are weather proof
(not waterproof). They have good optics and are automatic 'point & shoot'
type cameras. The price range is pretty good but I don't know your
definition of cheap. They range from $100 to $230. Check
www.bhphotovideo.com. They have competitive prices and excellent service.
If you are rougher on cameras you might consider the Pentax IQ Zoom 105 WR
($200). It is water resistant (as opposed to weather resistant) so it will
even survive a quick dunk in the brook (but it's not designed for
underwater photography). It's also an auto everything P&S camera.
Disclaimer: I don't work for B&H, Olympus or Pentax nor do I own any stock
in any of these companies. I'm just making recommendations based past
experience with them.

Saunterer