[at-l] Merlin walks again

In a message dated 2/11/2001 11:45:01 AM Eastern Standard Time,
weathercarrot@hotmail.com writes:

<< Yes, it's
 the journey, not the destination and all that, but having done AT hikes both
 straight through and as a flip, I can fully identify with the emotional
 motivation to do a fully one direction hike. Any way of doing it is valid,
 and preferring one method over another is also valid. Just a thought.  Take
 care, >>

The ATC is prefering that people NOT go from south to north if they don't
have to.  All the hikers moving from one direction to another at the same
time is creating a negative impact environmentally on the trail.  At least
that is what I was told at a LNT seminar they put on at the Gathering in
1999.  Just a thought.

              Cheryl