[at-l] S--ty Streams? (was soapy streams)

At 06:49 PM 2/10/01 -0700, Jerry wrote:
>dogs drinking in springs &
> > streams pollutes the water.
> > SLIM
>
>I agree completely....except for this. I don't own a dog nor do I
>particularly care for them on the trail but I can't imagine how a dog
>drinking is any worse than a deer, porky, raccoon, birds, etc.
>drinking...not to mention crapping or pissing...in the same water
>source.....unless it is right at the spring head...clip...

One of the makers of water filters thought the same a couple of years ago
and I recall their full page ad with a photo of a duck taking off and
dropping a load as it left the water. It does make you think. I already
carry a filter but if I didn't . . .

Saunterer