[at-l] An old favorite

Recently, I started re-reading _An Appalachian Trail Reader_  ,edited by
David Emblidge.

If anyone is looking for a book on the Appalachian Trail, should consider
adding this one to your collection.

The book is essentially a collection of writings that cover each state.
There is the philosophical (Thoreau, Aldo Leopold, poetry), history on
the trail, geology, excerpts of thru-hikers journals, how to plan for a
thru-hike, etc. In short, a little of everything on what makes the AT the
trail we enjoy.

A book that is more about hiking, it is about the trail itself.

Take a look-see, you just might enjoy it...

The true harvest of my life is intangible... a little star-dust caught, a
 segment of the rainbow which I have clutched.
-- -Thoreau
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.