[at-l] ny/nj or pa access (was no subj.)

For some reason the first response that I'd written to this post, didn't
"send."  (why not, I wonder??)  Oh well, here goes attempt #2....

ABE is indeed now called Lehigh Valley International. It is just off of Rtes.
78/22 and is very near Lehigh Gap and the countless road crossing nearby.
It's about an hour's drive to Port Clinton.  It's about 2 hours' drive to DWG.

Newark is indeed close to Rte 17 on the western side of Harriman State Park
and to Bear Mtn., on the eastern side of Harriman SP. Also accessible is
Peekskill on the opposite side of the Hudson [from Bear Mtn.].  Each is
accessible by public transportation.

Another option is Stewart Airport in Newburgh, NY.  The aiport is just off
Rte 84. It is about 30 - 45 minute' drive to Bear Mtn.,  a bit shorter to Rte
17 and a bit longer to Peekskill.  'Don't know of any public transportaion,
but there are many shuttle services from this airport.  As a reference, I was
quoted $48 for a shuttle to Poughkeepsie from there, which is a 38 minutes'
drive from the airport.  There are plenty of metro lines (near the trail) in
the area to which I'm sure shuttle service is available.  DWG lies about an
hours' drive to the west of Stewart Airport.

Depending upon when you're planning this trip, I would be happy to provide
shuttle service, btw.

Ready