Challenger...... Re: [at-l] Space shuttle Atlantis

      I was working on the flight line at Moody Air Force Base in south
Georgia when the Challenger was destroyed.  Of course, we weren't allowed
to watch TV's while at work.  We found out when one of our guys was talking
to a swing-shift worker downtown while the guy downtown was watching the
launch.  It must have taken me an hour to think of going outside to see if
I could see the smoke trails.  They were plainly visible from over 200
miles away.

      Sure wish I hadn't thought to look.  That sight haunts me now.

      Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB    mailto:KD5XB@AMSAT.ORG
Clovis, New Mexico         DM84jk N34d 25.446m W103d 12.700m (or so)

Pet peeve: breath is a noun,  breathe is a verb (When you take a breath,
you breathe...)