reading on the trail WAS [at-l] tuckerizing

On Sun, 04 Feb 2001 11:35:02 -0500 Tim Hewitt
<Tim.Hewitt@fairchildsemi.com> writes:
> KellyGoVols@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > Wouldn't dream of hiking without a book.  I don't go to the
> bathroom without
> > one, so why should I hike without one?
>
> I had no time to read.  In fact, the only time I had to read at all
> > days, it
> seemed there was too much to do in the time allotted anyway, so no
> books for
> me.

Here is one guy who actually read on the trail..but not until the days
started getting longer (May or so).  Was up around 6 or so, on the trail
no later than 7. Generally get into camp at 6ish. After eating and
writing in my journal, would generally read for 1/2hr - hr.  Don't know
why, but always seemed to make time to read, was a great way to unwind...

The true harvest of my life is intangible... a little star-dust caught, a
segment of the rainbow which I have clutched.
-- -Thoreau
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.