[at-l] Esbit Tablets

Most of my meals required me to just boil one or two cups of water.  I
generally used about one tablet a day.  Sometimes less, sometimes more.  I
rarely bothered to boil water for beverages or breakfast.

I suggest you do some test preparations of the types of dinners you intend
to eat on the trail, using your backpacking pot and windscreen.  The Esbit
stove comes with no windscreen but some comments I've heard from people
recently who had problems getting their water to a rolling boil seemed like
the windscreen may have made the difference.  I used my MSR windscreen and
the 1.3 liter Evernew Ti pot.  Rolling boil for 2 cups of water generally
occurred in 7-8 minutes.  Then the tableet continued to burn for another 7-8
minutes, albeit at lessening intensity.

As always, YMMV,

Mara
Stitches, GAME99

P.S.  I've since switched to the bottom of a soda can (turned upside down)
to hold the Esbit tab and some heavy duty wire mesh (don't remember the
"real" name) as a pot support.  Save a couple of more ounces.  -MF