[at-l] Slides

James, my last post got the axe at the end of it, so I am re-posting it.

Guess I should explain my reason for carrying the Cannon and not my point
and shoot (Nikon Lite Touch Zoom 80 AF). I was just not happy with the
photos when I got them back. The Nikon is a nice camera and I do like it,
but you have to admit it has its limitations. As I get older the photos are
becoming more important to me, no I don't plan on selling them or am
I  thinking of turning pro, Its just a hobby and a way I can capture what I
truly love about the AT. The Cannon provides me the opportunity to use the
longer lenses, when standing on a ridge at say 3000 to 5000 ft and I see a
small farm or homestead in the valley below I can take a better photo to
view later. With the Nikon and the same shot I would get the photo back and
say to myself, what the heck was I thinking when I took this photo :)
So far this is what I carried on my first shake down hike with the new
camera, this includes the camera, lens, uv filter, polarizer filter, 5
rolls color slide film, mini tri-pod ( it will attach to one of my Lekis
with a Velcro strap) for a total of 2 lb 6 oz. I can live with this, its
not too much weight for section hiking.
I will look into the Tarmons you mentioned above, maybe I can hold off for
awhile and save up for one, I really don't want to add another lens if I
don't have to. Also, I will look for Kens book.
Again, I'm in your debt for the info, I can see why you teach this stuff,
or did teach, you have the temperament and ability to explain it with out
belittling the novice or student, thank you.

Doug

---