[at-l] Re: AT-L

Doug wrote:

>Having a partner who is a backpacker is a dream come
>true to most of us backpackers, I said that you are lucky, but I think you
>know that with out me telling you.

<snip>

>Oh, BTW-what gave it away was the reading the book thing at night, you, if
>memory serves me, did not start reading a book until Damascus in 92.
>Up until then you thought it was funny that I did, then again, you thought
>alot of things I did was funny :) I did learn alot from you and have
>changed many of my ways, but I still read at night, I just try to find
>smaller books to hike with :)

Doug -
Some days I can't believe how lucky I am.  Actually - every day.

I didn't actually start reading on the AT until long after Damascus, but
since then I've been known to carry a book (or two) ---- OK -- or three.
Actually for one section of the PCT, I carried 6 or 8 books. But that's a
long story.  I learned a few things from you too - but not the 6 or 8 book
thing. You're smarter than that. :-)

Walk softly,
Jim