[at-l] REI

Well, I have to say that I'm in the same boat as far as outfitters. I have
exactly ONE so-called outfitter here (South Florida) that is a joke as far as
hiking goes.  No hiking poles, no backpacking tents, no thermarests so forget
z-rests, no cold climate clothing, NOTHING!  Do you know how much crap I've
bought from Campmor (clothing, mainly) that I've had to return?  It
completely sucks.  Now, if I were an avid fisherman, I'd do OK.  If I were a
hunter, I'd do OK.  Their selection of sleeping bags is laughable, their
tents weigh on average 12lbs. And they look at me like I'm from Mars when I
request something like Gortex.  I can't believe I live in a city where hiking
equipment is nonexistent.  To say that my gear purchases have been hard to
come by is putting it mildly.  I'm going to be like a kid in a candy store
when I come across a REAL outfitter, where I can actually touch and feel the
stuff before I buy it.  Sorry, I just had to vent.