[at-l] tuckerizing

At 04:16 AM 2/3/01 +0000, Jim and/or Ginny Owen wrote:
>A word for those who are about to hike the trail -
>
>It should be obvious by now that if two people tuckerize your pack, there will be three or more opinions about what you should carry.

That's the great thing about doing it here..many voices ..some of whom will even defend pillow packing <VVVBG>
And really much better to do it here rather than your first night on the trail.  Still have time to think about what's
been said and recommended as Rich is doing.

The process may seem brutal, especially if  the first ten things outta your pack get tossed <yikes>.  And we do
take glee in getting a hold of a really new, newbee's pack.  Tucking_is_AT-L's very own blood sport afterall<g> .
But it is all in a good spirit of caring and sharing and Rich and Ann took it well........except for that moment when
Ann came to the realization that she'd have to switch to boxed wine.<g>.  Man..those kayak campers have it nice!!!!

When I started on the list, I admitted to being a pack mule...admitted to a 40lb+ pack, not to mention the bellybag <g>.
Now I'm looking at a 20lb pack.  Of course we still won't mention the belly bag..  I don't think there is a hiker on this list
that hasn't dropped pack weight by learning from each other.  Often we make weight shaving choices in one area so
we can splurge elsewhere.  I've reached the age where I'm gonna upgrade my pad.  Other people take awesome lenses
or great books.  All about choices...ain't it great!!!!!!!