FW: [at-l] Of Mice and Men (generically speaking)

>  3.  Killing the mice takes away a food source for the snakes and owls.  Ever
>  see an owl catch a shelter mouse?  Not likely.  They swoop down on them
>  silently in the woods, and need a bit of flying space to do so.  The number
> of mice in shelters for snakes and owls to eat is pretty minimal compared to
>  the number more easily available in the woods.

I had a little screech owl fly into Maupin Field S. and swipe a mouse. I have a
picture somewhere of him sitting on the little table attached to the front of the
shelter. It was pretty kewl. We spent the rest of the night putting M&M's in the
middle of the shelter so the mice would get it...and the owl the mouse.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98