[at-l] Aloha & Mahalo Nui Loa!

At 11:06 AM 2/2/01 -0500, Rich Bowyer wrote:
>Speaking of Rich...he's on his way to Campmore
>>without a chaperone........uh oh <g>.  The first time I did that, I bought a candle lantern <BG>
>>among other 'accessories'........
>

>OKOK!!!  Lay off my candle lantern.  :o)

That was the gawd's awful truth.  I have a ton of stuff I blew money on before I found this list.
Candle lantern, gear loft, pencil box outfitted as a ktchen with a big lexan spoon and spatula, lexan
bowl, lots of little containers, pouches and tins.  Stuff sacks!!!!  When Jim and Ginny left
for the PCT and brought me their gear stuff to keep and/or ship, one of the things was a
heavy, heavy duty stuff sack full of heavy duty stuff sacks and I came to realize that there
is a point in a backpacker's career when, rather than buying stuff sacks, they seek to give them
away!!!  Of course now there are silnylon sacks which starts the cycle all over again.  Then
there is the clear vinyl collapsible bucket with the re-enforcing metal bands that probably
weighs 1lb+.  Not to mention my collection of "lightweight" folding chairs and stools that my
family feels compelled to gift me with.  One of them has a seat of 3 X10" and packs to a3X5"
and would be nifty if it didn't weigh 3 pounds.

Spice shakers, salt and pepper shakers, pencil pouches for first aid gear.  I've got it all....
If a candle lantern is your only "mistake"  you're getting off lucky.