[at-l] Serial Mouse Killers

Phil Heffington <phil.heffington@oc.edu> wrote:

> I must admit to one particularly dark point in my past (1998) when I carried
> some mouse traps for awhile, just for the sport of killing the little
> beasts.  The best time for such activities is just after dusk, in that
> period between darkness and sleepiness.  In fact, you can actually shine
> your light on the traps and watch the little suckers bite the dust.  I find
> a little peanut butter can zap 3-4 mice before the bait runs out.
[clip]

My Boy Scouts still do this when we are going to be camping near a shelter.
I don't hear the traps go off, and they don't bother to set them any more
after the first few rounds, but I don't try to stop them.

We only have a few rules:

  1) All mice carcasses have to be buried in a cat hole
  2) All shelter residents (hikers anyway) need to be OK with it

Never any conflict if both rules are applied.

-p