[at-l] Tuckerization in the Water Dept.

### Were giardiasis a person, it would not be invited to many parties.
That said, however, you are MUCH more likely to contract it (and a
*amazingly* colorful array of other micro-fauna) from the handshake you
greet others with on the trail, than from the wa-wa you drink. MUCH more.
But I bet (except for that s.a.e.t.h. Paddler) that you're not going to
quit shaking hands on your Through, are you?

Sloetoe
(who treats his water with ....  respect)

--- Bob Wardecker <bakpakr@planetcable.net> wrote:
As for no filter I got giardia at one time an experience I wish not to
repeat.

For the most part I've quit treating water all together.  You'll find most
sources are ground springs with little or no chance of comtamination.  A
bottle of Polar Pure will do the trick with questionable sources.

=====
There is little use for the being whose tepid soul knows nothing of the great and generous emotions of the high pride, the stern belief, the lofty enthusiasm, of the men who quell the storm and ride the thunder.

T.Roosevelt 4/23/10