[at-l] Re: cat packs.

At 08:16 PM 2/1/01 -0600, t. wrote:
> > The cat WALKED much of
> > the way and road on her pack when it was tired.
>
>i could maybe see a person walking at a cat's pace.  but, how in the
>world are you going to carry a cat on your pack?  it would either have
>to hold on the entire way.  that would be one tired or scared cat!  or,
>2, the animal would have to learn to stay inside a pocket or something.
>without getting squished?

In the photo Ziggy is lying across the flat top of Geek's external frame
pack. It doesn't look too scared. Apparently the cat rode most of the way
either in or on the pack. At the time SOBO Ken Wadness met NOBO Geek on
South Kinsman Peak the Ziggy the cat weighed over 10 pounds. I'd scan and
post the photo but that would be a violation of Ken's copyright so instead
I'll give his address.
Kenneth Wadness
Shalom Images
PO Box 3334
Framingham, MA 01705-3334
You can buy the book "Sojourn in the Wilderness"  (with lots of very nice
photos BTW) from ATC but if you buy direct from Ken, he'll autograph it and
pay the postage. Think of it as supporting your fellow hiker. (This is an
unsolicited testimonial.)

Saunterer