[at-l] Wingfoot's book

Print on demand is fairly new.  I know it's used in the computer world where
software and its documentation change rather rapidly.  Some customers are
satisfied with PDF format but some still like the printed stuff so it's cost
effective for companies to just print on demand, usually farming out the
printing process to a third party publisher.

I think there are even third party printers that will take PDF format (and
other format, too possibly) and return a nicely printed and bound book for a
fee.  That can get computer companies out of the publishing business
altogether.

Mara
Stitches, GAME99