[at-l] What the...

Did it myself until I figured out better: two 2 liter Platypus bladders
filled to the brim, hanging off my TNF Beheamoth Pack on a hot Labor
Day weekend, heading up the Lower Ridge Trail to Standing Indian Mt.
(Very steep trail to the top that is a good way off the mountain
quickly, but a terrible wat to go up). Within 45 minutes of emptying
one bladder to decrease weight, I was nearly out of the other bladder,
dehydrated and cramping my legs. Little wonder with 8 pounds of weight
flopping off the back of my pack.

I'm not sure if that is the strangest thing vs the dumbest thing.

The other competition for Strangest: a group of 4 middle aged
potbellied hikers - married couples - all carrying 65 pound Coleman
external frame packs (they bragged the women only had 45 pounds each)
and each with a hatchet dangling off the packs. They were walking from
Deep Gap up Standing Indian along the AT. They looked like escapees for
a blue light special at KMart.

Bill...