[at-l] Re: GA Ruck

Hey Vcat...I was just going to write about the RUCK but you said it
all....so I am just adding a comment or two...hope you don't mind!  I REALLY
did enjoy getting to know you a little.....

 I did, however, find two other women who want to join our list.  More
later...in the midst of packing for our move to Georgia...hopefully by this
weekend.  House still not sold but Jan may have a job there that will start
in a few days.  Will know tonight...so everyone cross your fingers!

Images from the GA Ruck . . . . . and my personal additions

 . . . a whole room full of hiker trash sharing stories and tips
(Hiker trash!...Now wait until Orangebug reads that......)

 . . . Clyde (Saeth) pulling items from his pack, and somebody saying it
reminded him of a baby shower -- except for the shouts of "Burn it," "Toss
 it," "Get rid of it."
(We were just "tuckerizing!")

 . . . Jan singing Nimblewill's poems that he'd put to music
(And Nimblewill's eyes filling up.  What a sweet, emotional man Nimblewill
is!)

 . . . Mrs. Bug saying "Stop that Sally," and me being startled till I
 realized she meant Sally the Boxer and not me
( Are you sure she was talking to the boxer?  Hmmm...I think ...well, enough
comments from the peanut gallery. Remember not to call her that in her
presence or she will bite your head off...ooops!)

 . . . Orange Bug yelling "soooeeeee" out the window to bring folks to
 breakfast -- worked too
(Can that man REALLY be a shrink??)

 . . . Nimblewill spreading his stuff and telling us about all of his gear
(All he brings for water is a couple of plastic drink (like Coke) bottles
and a very small container of bleach.  One drop in each bottle, wait 30
minutes and safe water!  Now why did I buy that expense filter???)

 . . . Nimblewill having us turn his back while he put on the Hiker Trash
cap
 and sunglasses he wears when he wants to look cool
(And he did!!!)

 . . . Baby Face coming to Goose Creek for a weekend in the woods, knowing
 nothing about the Ruck, and finding herself smack dab in hiker heaven
(Went hiking up Blood with, Trekfit (Ron), Orangebug, Babyface (who plans to
joint our list soon) and Jan (Dutch Treat), my hubby.  Had a blast!  Some
folks didn't even hike....yeah you Sara!!!)

 . . . all the food, but especially Orange Bug's blueberry pancakes and the
 amazing spread Frank and Sunny put on for Sunday morning
(Sunny wants to join too...and this woman is a killer cook, so be sure and
invite her to any outing you have.  Tiramisu, home made biscuits and
preserves and many other things.  What a sweetie she is!)

 . . . the easy friendship with friends we'd never met before
(For sure....and the best thing about a "small RUCK" and time to talk to
everyone.  Gutsy talked non stop and was so much fun...talking about her new
$70 titanium water bottle (a gift from her dh))

 . . . and, finally, the cries of "see you next year" from everyone as they
 left.
(We were the last to leave!)

BTW, I also cannot say enough good things about Keith and Goose Creek
cabins.  He was a wonderful host, went out and brought back some outstanding
trout dinners the first night etc.  He even lend us a heater for our van as
all the stores were out!  I do hope that we will have another RUCK there as
the folks were so warm and the Lodge was an ideal place to gather.

It was also wonderful to meet Swallowtail in person.  The only
disappointment was that Hikercole didn't get there.

Hummingbird