[at-l] My Gear List (seriously)

KellyGoVols@aol.com wrote:

> <<
> Oh my goodness, I forgot: a small (relatively) belt-pouch/fanny pack of
> some sort to carry some essentials in should you become involuntarily
> separated from your pack/tent/sleeping bag.... >>
>
> Added to Gear list:  fanny pack, cat hole digger.
> Thanks, folks!

You can use your heel and a stick or your hiking pole to make a perfectly
fine cathole if you work at it. Be sure it's well off the trail where no one
will step, 6-8 inches deep, and 8-10 inches long. Fill well when you are
finished, and if you should happen to have a jumbo-super-super-dump, dig
another hole and spread it around. You should be able to step on the hole
and not sink into the mess when you are finished.

If the fanny pack can also carry anything you chose to bring while
slack-packing, it will be very useful.  Consider a belt pouch for your hip
belt in place of a fanny pack (though this does not help you when slacking).

-Paddler