[at-l] Sticks and Stones

KellyGoVols@aol.com wrote:

> Ok, I'm buying Leki's.  Sometimes I forget the rest of the world is not flat
> like Florida. Thanks for reminding me!

not so fast there, kel.  I use both.  a leki and a stick a beaver made
for me on my farm.  both have excellent qualities.  If I had to
choose, I'd keep the stick.  it is MUCH sturdier, and, cooler
looking.  light weight.  can double as a weapon. you can always attach
a strap.  and besides, it's not that big of a deal to bend down and
pick it up.  I usually just lean it up against a tree or bush.

oh, and, 1 more thing you can to with a stick that is difficult with
the leki.  I put one end in the ground and the other up against the
top of the pack.  makes for a great brace to prop your pack up on
those hard to negotiate resting (stopping) spots.  so you can reach
all the pockets and straps without having to lay the thing on the
ground. (may not be that big of a deal if you use an internal.  I
don't)

t.